Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Go ahead, wine a little.

Friday mantra

True Story.  I would really like a glass of wine right now, but I would also really like to look good in a bikini in Maui in a few weeks, so unfortunately I'll be postponing my wine until after the gym.  I just got a wine rack from my grandma's house that used to be my grandfather's and it's currently taunting me. I'm so glad it's almost Wednesday, which means just 2 more days until Friday!!! (I know, I live for the weekend).  I'm so excited for the Cherry Blossoms in DC this weekend.  I've missed them both summers I've been here and so it will be my first time seeing them.  We have a full weekend planned with friends, and I also need to squeeze in a trip to the dreaded DMV. Still, I'm so excited for some nice weather and a fun weekend with friends.  The last two weekends were spent with family for my grandma's 80th bday, and then for Easter, which was great, but I need a few cocktails and some people my age!

One thing I love about living in Virginia are all of the amazing vineyards not too far away!  Since living here for less than a year, I've already been to about ten of them! Paul first took me on a wine tour with a town car for our anniversary, and then we went on a bigger tour in a limo with a bunch of friends.  We also like to go on our own on weekend afternoons to try some new wines.  It's so much fun, and I've learned a lot about wine, as well as improved my taste- no more Barefoot for me haha! My favorites are Chardonnay or Cabernet, depending on my mood. I'd pretty much drink it all though. I better stop- I sound like an addict now.

In other good news, an update from my last post.  After all of my problems with my cable company and their refusal to fix anything, I was so irritated that I tweeted a rather rude tweet about their lack of customer service.  I was contacted by a rep via Twitter, and then by phone, and I got my bill back down to the last price I was paying - not the best, but better than nothing.  Just goes to show the power of social media! Well, that's all for now.  Hope you're all having a Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment