Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Weekend



Happy Friday!!! The next best thing to a three day weekend, is a four day work week.  I also start summer hours, which means I get to leave at 1:00 pm today!!! Sadly, I am sick right now, so I plan to take a nap as soon as I get home.  Paul's mom is coming tonight, and we are really excited to show her our new place and take her around DC.  We're going to La Tasca tonight in Clarendon for sangria and tapas, and also plan to go to Bluemont Vineyard.

We spent most of last weekend unpacking, although we did manage to fit in some fun activities as well!  Friday, I finally went to the dreaded DMV, which officially is my least favorite place in the whole world, and I will do anything to never go back there. 3 hours later, I finally met a friend for a much needed drink at Proof.  I have to say I was slightly disappointed in my cocktail, which sort of tasted like strawberry salt water.  Yuck. Paul met us there, and then we went over to Jaleo, a spanish tapas place, for dinner.  Jaleo was delicious and I would definitely go back!

Saturday we went to the Kenny Chesney concert (my birthday present from Paul).  We had so much fun!! Eric Church was absolutely amazing, and Kenny was incredible!! Such a good time. Saturday morning before the concert, we got crepes and mimosas from our favorite place, Oby Lee.  Oby Lee is a coffee and wine shop with delicious crepes.  Coffee and wine- could it be any more perfect?  Actually yes- it is attached to our building.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

mimosas and crepes from Oby Lee

image.jpeg  image.jpeg
Eric Church and Kenny Chesney!

Sunday we went to brunch at Matchbox in Eastern Market.  We shared the breakfast pizza (so good) and the berry waffle which was also good.  Unfortunately they were out of the peach mimosa I wanted to try, so I went with one that had pineapple and apples, which was decent.  After brunch, we went shopping in Eastern Market and found a cool painting of DC for our apartment.  We spent the rest of the day unpacking and then checked out Fuego in Clarendon for some tacos and margaritas.  How do I describe Fuego?  I feel like it has so much potential, and then just falls short.. The first problem was that we were seated next to a teenage couple that was blackout drunk and fighting with each other.  He actually left her there for like ten minutes and she passed out at the table.  It was EXTREMELY awkward.  They have $5 margaritas on Sunday, which is a pretty good deal.  I thought my margarita was okay, it was a little too syrupy for me, but Paul liked his. Paul got a hibiscus margarita, and mine was twisted with hibiscus and regular.  We got a few tacos to share (they are small and come with two each). They were decent, but seemed to be lacking any original flavor.  All in all, I don't know if we would go back.

We spent Monday unpacking and then went to a barbeque at Paul's friend's house Monday evening.  We also purchased a new couch from Crate and Barrel (15% off!).  It is a sectional made for apartments, so it is very compact.  It will fit perfectly in our living room, and will provide a little extra seating since we don't have room for a chair or anything.  And before you ask, no actually, we did not need a new couch. Paul hates mine for some reason (it's a little bulky) and rather than hear him complain for the next year, I gave in. Which means that I am guaranteed to win the next battle that I care more about... Relationships are all about compromise ;)  Anyway, our new couch will be here in July, and we are selling the old one on Craigslist (Let me know if you need a couch!!). '

Have a great weekend! I will post pictures of our apartment next!

No comments:

Post a Comment